Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Introducing...

Greetings!
Okay, so here's the deal: I've tried making blogs before, but in all honesty, I'm horrible at updating them. In the past I would just forget about them and leave 'em hanging never to be touched again. I pinky promise that I will try my hardest not to let that happen again. Besides, I have more thoughts echoing through my brain now, than I ever have before. Writing them down would probably benefit me quite a bit!
I suppose I should start with an introduction, seeing as how I'm new and all...

So, my name is Brittany, but I like nicknames, so just call me by whatever is on the top of your head at the current moment. I'm 18, and just graduated in the spring. I was homeschooled all the way from K-12, which was probably the most amazing experience I'll ever have. It plays a big part in who I am and what I love. I'm quite sad that it's over.
I've been a dancer for 13 years, and dreaming of being a dance teacher since my first day. Not only do I want to teach, but I want to open my own dance studio as well. I know deep in my heart that God put me on this earth to influence the lives of His precious children. It's my passion-and besides, I can't think of a funner job than being with children all day! In the spring of last year, the dance studio i was attending, offered me a job as a teacher. Of course I was thrilled and totally in awe that the experience I need to open my own studio was basically being handed right to me. I taught some classes throughout the summer, then when September pulled around, I was given 8 hours worth of classes per week, which for being a new teacher, let alone one with only assistant experience, is quite amazing! I'm currently teaching classes for 3 year olds, 4 year olds, level 1 (5-10 year olds), as well as an adult tap class. I'm still learning the ropes, but I can feel my experience meter growing with every class I teach. It's such a rewarding job.

Photography is another one of my loves. I haven't decided if it's a hobby or something more, but either way, I love it. I take photographs for the dance studio I'm currently working for, as well as portraits of my friends. I love to capture time in a still photograph. To me, its magical to be able to have a visual memory of things.

I'm a very creative person. I always have to be creating things, or else I literally go insane. I love to use my hands to make something. I love the feeling of pride that I feel when someone compliments something I've made.

As of right now, this is all the information I can gather on myself. If you have a question, just ask:)

My newest hobby that I've just taken an interest in, is making hair/makeup tutorial videos. I have yet to make one, but I feel the need to try one and see how it turns out. Check back soon to see if I've posted one yet.

Until next time,
Brittany Lou :)

No comments:

Post a Comment